Business Model Canvas Tutorial
Are you looking for a visual template to reinvent your existing business model? Are you seeking an easy brainstorm tool to develop new partnerships and extend your best-selling products? The new Business Model Canvas can help to capture every spotlight of your bright minds to master the relationship of customers, suppliers, partners, and stakeholders…
Now let’s get started!
Business Model introduction video
This is a video on youtube that explains Alex Osterwalders' Business Model Canvas:
Basic view of Business Model Canvas:
The Business Model Canvas reflects systematically on your business model, so you’re freely to map each of its elements to your real business components. (That also means you don’t have to define or enter all of them). The following list and questions will help you brainstorm the precise idea for your next business model innovation.
- Who are your key partners/suppliers?
- What are the motivations for the partnerships?
- What key activities does your value proposition require?
- What activities are important the most in distribution channels, customer relationships, revenue stream…?
- What core value do you deliver to the customer?
- Which customer needs are you satisfying?
- What relationship that the target customer expects you to establish?
- How can you integrate that into your business in terms of cost and format?
- Which classes are you creating values for?
- Who is your most important customer?
- What key resources does your value proposition require?
- What resources are important the most in distribution channels, customer relationships, revenue stream…?
- Through which channels that your customers want to be reached?
- Which channels work best? How much do they cost? How can they be integrated into your and your customers’ routines?
- What are the most cost in your business?
- Which key resources/ activities are most expensive?
- For what value are your customers willing to pay?
- What and how do they recently pay? How would they prefer to pay?
- How much does every revenue stream contribute to the overall revenues?
Business Model in Canvanizer
In Canvanizer, the business model canvas is followed prototype designed by Alexander Osterwalder. It is a ready to use web 2.0 pre-formatted canvas with the nine blocks of a business model as described above.
You will feel comfortable when building your business model with Canvanizer like inserting notes, brainstorming or organizing them, check out our basic tutorial for Canvanizer